Followers

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Yesterdays workout: 8/11/11

An awesome workout yesterday even if there are still certain things I can't do due to a rotator cuff injury on my right shoulder but working around and doing things I have not done for years such as curls and tricep extensions.

I went for supersets of 4 x 8-10 reps with 45secs rest between supersets.

1) Trigger point therapy, mobility, rotator cuff movements.

2) Single arm bottoms up kettlebell press (surprisingly this feels great on my shoulder, the extra grip activation allows for some great stability
throughout arm and shouler). 10reps@20kg
Deadlifts 10reps@170kg

3) Stiff leg Deadlifts 10@140kg
Weighted leg lowers 10@6kg

4) Face pulls with a 3sec negative. 10@50kg
Cable tricep extensions with a 3 sec negative 10@35kg

5) rear cable raises (awesome for my shoulder) with a 3 sec negative 10@5kg (I know little weights but the burn was insane)
Skull crushers with a 3 sec negative 10@50kg

As you can see this is a very different workout plan compared to my usual stuff but hey, you gotta listen to your body and change things up now and again. As I can't do a lot of the bigger lifts such as cleans, jerks and back squats which are high intensity moves I have made up for this with very brief rest periods between supersets, it's tough but gives the workout the intensity I prefer. Body split type training is not really my thing but doing it this way feels pretty dam good.

If you are unsure what some of these exercises may look like please get in touch and I will be happy to help.

Be sure to check out our brand new website www.fitterlondon.co.uk for some great blog posts, articles, training ideas and recipes. Be great to know what you think.

Happy training,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment