Followers

Monday 18 April 2011

What does BOSH mean and why it's essential for a long, happy and successful life.

As some of you may know I often use the word BOSH in status updates. Many have asked what does this word mean? Do the letters stand for something? Or is it some kind of modern meaning from the same family as lol and lmao? Or dont they make headphones? Well I have written this post to educate you all in the meaning of BOSH and all it's qualities.

I started using the word BOSH way back and it was purely a shortened version of the known phrase "bish bash bosh" which commonly means "job done".

I use the word BOSH to describe many things, here are a few examples:

A client has just PB'd on deadlifts = BOSH
A class have just nailed a killer challenge = BOSH
I just nailed it = BOSH
Client: I don't think I can do this me: yes you can, come on.....BOSH
Today is a good day = BOSH
Just finished my first mouthful of an amazing tasting English breakfast = BOSH
How was your dinner sweetheart? BOSH = it were top dollar.

The list is endless however I am sure you get the picture. The word is 100% positive, it symbolises that the job is done or will be done. It's a sense of achievement be it a PB or simply doing something you dodnt want to do and getting through it.

The best bit is BOSH has the freedom to be used wherever you feel necessary, it has no rules but 1: make sure it is only ever used for the power of good and all things positive.

The truth is, this word can not be used in a negative way. For example:

How was your day? "ah BOSH, pretty shit really".

It just doesn't sound right does it?

So there you have it, the meaning of BOSH and permission to use it in any (positive) way you like.

Yours in Training,

Matt "the fitness pimp" Whitmore

2 comments:

  1. Bosh... invented by big G.
    Heavy workout, out three supersets 10 reps of each. BOSH, done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vittorio Minerva12 May 2011 at 08:02

    Reading it constantly from you I use it too now... and I am Italian! might sound weird but it's quite cool :)

    ReplyDelete