Followers

Friday 9 July 2010

It's not only about exercise, it's more about what you eat!

I took this picture of my waist/stomach (I couldn't button up these jeans and I was inspired to post a future 'before picture') on the 4th of January 2010 and wasn't pleased:

Why? I know the pictures above don't look so bad considering I used to be overweight (I'm the one on the right):


But in January 2010 I was training 5 days a week and should have looked liked it!

I grudgingly accepted that the culprit was..... MY DIET(!!)

My typical day started with a pre-workout snack - a banana. Post workout, I'd have five oatcakes (cos I felt I deserved it)..... Then the killer was - I got to work and had a HUGE bowl of porridge with milk (of course) and a very generous helping of Agave Nectar (healthier option to honey right? Not in the proportions I was having!). I usually had white rice (with veg and chicken - good) for lunch and I won't even go into my weekend treats. I did all this because I was a regular @ the gym and I thought I could afford to eat whatever I wanted. I was WRONG.

After making a few changes to my diet (which I'll go into in the following weeks), I sometimes catch myself staring at my abs (I think I can call my tummy that now, yay!) and loving what I see. Yes I'm almost as arrogant as Matt ;-) And I can fit into those jeans perfectly now :)

I haven't taken any pictures in a few months but I remember seeing this comparison pic in May (both taken in May) and realising I was on to a winner:



I'll be back with more details and pictures next week.

--
Adura

2 comments:

  1. Check out your abs! You'll have to tell us what changes you made to your diet! And where you get agave nectar from!

    And yup, keep us updated with more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it girl......

    ReplyDelete