Followers

Monday 22 August 2011

Todays workout: 23/8/11

Sticking with my strength training regime Im going for the 5x5 set and rep structure which is working great for me right now. I always rest for 3 mins between sets and supersets to ensure optimal recovery. This week I am going to perform squats and Deadlifts on completely different days to see how much of a difference it makes to my poundages. Will add some lighter slightly higher rep stiff leg Deadlifts as advices by Brooks Kubik.

After a thorough warm up, trigger point therapy and mobility work.

2 progressively heavier warm up sets follewed by 3 heavy working sets.

Superset the following:

1) deep squats
Wide weighted pull ups

2) Stiff leg Deadlifts 8-10reps
Kettlebell shoulder press

3) hammer curls using fat gripz
Reverse cable woodchops

4) 8x200m sprints on the rower with 1min rest between sets.

Very simple, yet effective. I have discovered that less frequency of training and a greater focus on multiple sets has had a huge impact on my strength gains which is my focus at the moment. Still need to get my squats up to speed, but I'm getting there.

Have a great day,

Matt Whitmore

No comments:

Post a Comment