Followers

Monday 14 March 2011

Burger Recipe

Plan ahead, cook in bulk and you’re good to go.

Here is a quick recipe for some homemade pork and apple burgers that I made earlier this week. It's quick, simple, nutritious but most importantly tastes awesome.

Like I said I cook in bulk to save time and be organised for the week but you can halve the following as you wish. Remember I like my food :-)

4 packs free range organic pork mince
2 eggs
4 organic red onions
4 organic apples
Fresh coriander leaves to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Mixed herbs to taste
2 heaped tea spoons of chilli powder (change according to preference, but I like a bit of bang)
2 organic garlic cloves

- First cube the onions and the apples.

- Finely chop the garlic cloves and coriander leaves.

- Place the onions, apples, chopped garlic, seasoning and spices, pork and the eggs into a food processor to mix it all together.

- Once mixed to your liking, simply remove the mix and make into burgers in whichever shape or size you like. Place them on a grill tray and heat under a pre heated grill for 30-40 minutes depending on the size. Make sure you turn them over half way through.

I had to do the above in 2 lots as I only have a little blender so feel free to do the same.

I had these for dinner last night and breakfast this morning and I still have a load left for lunches throughout the week. They were off the hook :-)

I always advice cooking in bulk (resisting the urge to not eat the whole lot requires discipline though) as you will love how easy it is and how much time you have on your hands because of it.

Give it a go, play around with the ingredients and let me know what you think. I'm going to try pork and apricot next time. Will keep you posted.



I had it with steamed broccoli, home-made coleslaw... note the danger mouse slippers ;)



Eat, well, train smart and sleep lots,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment