Followers

Friday 4 March 2011

My journey towards lifting 2 x 24kg kettlebells and the 'Strength and Power Meet.

Firstly, I am referring to 2 x 24kg kettlebells in one hand......ARRGGGGGGHH (See videos in this blog post: http://fitterlondon.blogspot.com/2011/03/mike-mahler-kettlebell-workshop.html)

This is something I never tried before until I attended Mike Mahler's kettlebell workshop last week. It's an addictive exercise once you get the hang of it, I managed a 20kg and 16kg on the day but have set my sights higher at the 24's :-)

My next focus is that of the 2011 strengh and power meet regionals (imagine a strongman competition but for normal sized folk). I plan to attend the Wales regionals, granted it's miles away from me here in London but I have never been before and it also gives me an excuse to go and see my pal Andy Mckenzie who is heading up the event. No doubt he has some crazy ideas in mind.

The best thing about the above is that I now have a solid focus and direction with my training. With my recent absence from playing rugby i feel that is something my training has lacked.

So my advice, find something to work towards, something that excites and disciplines you. This has certainly done the trick for me and can't wait for the journey to start. I will keep you posted with my progress.

Much love,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment