Followers

Wednesday 20 July 2011

We all have the time if we choose to.

Do I have time to train, prepare meals and eat well? Not always, but only because I chose not to.

"I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO TRAIN" or "I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO PREPARE MEALS"

These are the 2 most commonly used excuses used by people these days to justify why they do not exercise and why they eat crap.

You have also heard the expression "if you don't have time, make the time". This to me is bang on point. We all have a choice to make but its all about how we prioraties our actions.

Let's use eating as an example here. I eat breakfast at 5.30am to set off at 5.45am to start my day. I have a bag full of tupaware boxes packed with my lunches and snacks for the day. Why do I have this bag full of food? Because I prepared it the night before in 10mins. I simply cooked extra dinner and saved it for the next day, once i finished my dinner I packed the extra chicken breasts, steamed veg and salad into the tupaware boxes, a pot of nuts, and some fruit and I am good to go.

Like i said, this took 10mins to prepare, if that. Remember this is left over dinner so I was cooking anyway, it required no extra effort.

HOWEVER,

Let's not assume I do this everyday, because I dont. There are days where I simply can't be bothered, so I end up buying lunch out or eating out for dinner. But the thing is, this is because I could not be bothered, I made the decision not to prepare my food that day. It was a long day, i was tired and it was late. I chose to spend that time watching tv instead. It was not because I didn't have the time, I simply chose to do something else.

I start work at 6.30am and very rarely finish any earlier than 7.30pm, it's a long day but i have my priorities. Which are to eat well and not to eat out too often.

Your priorities may be different, but if you claim your goals are to lose weight, get fit and eat better the "not having time" is simply an excuse and its clear that your goal is not the priority you claim it to be.

Im not perfect (so many people are quick to assume that personal trainers have it easy and that we dont understand what its like blah blah blah, which is a load of rubbish) I just simply priorities preparing my lunches and dinners as i want to eat well and also save money, eating out is not cheap and i cant afford that luxury unfortunately.

Lets summerise:

Eating well and preparing meals is a decision, just as not eating well and not preparing meals is also a decision. We all have a choice, let's make the right one and get our priorities in order. Like I said, yours may be different to mine, which is fine by me just remember this "fail to prepare then prepare to fail".

- Get yourself some tupaware boxes.
- Cook in bulk.
- Save money.

I have tonnes of awesome, easy to make dinner and lunch ideas that require very little effort and taste amazing. If you would like me to share these with you please get in touch matt@fitterlondon.co.uk andi will be more than happy to help.

Train smart, eat well and sleep peacefully,

Matt Whitmore

No comments:

Post a Comment